More info to come in the coming days…
Building relationships and sharing information
More info to come in the coming days…
More info to come in the coming days…
Check out the GLAMM 2023 Business Program 👇
9:00 – 12:00: Board of Directors Meeting
12:30 – 14:00: Lunch
14:00 – 14:10: Official Welcome
- Globalaw President Oliver Förster, Managing Partner, Huth Dietrich Hahn
- GLAMM Host Firm João Caiado Guerreiro, Managing Partner, Caiado Guerreiro
14.10 – 15:30: Roundtable Discussions: Globalaw Initiatives
15:30 – 16:00: Networking Coffee Break
16:00 – 16:45: Fireside Chat: Fund Box
- Rui Alpalhão, João Caiado Guerreiro
16:45 – 17:45: Panel Discussion: Virtues of Lisbon/Portugal as a Seat for International Arbitration
- Sandra Jesus, Litigation and Arbitration Team, Caiado Guerreiro
- Prof. A. Barreto Menezes, Associate Professor, University of Lisbon
- Prof. Diogo Costa Gonçalves, Arbitrator, Portuguese Chamber of Commerce and Industry
18:00 – 20:30: Welcome Reception & Dinner
08:30 – 09:00: Welcome Coffee
09:00 – 10:00: How to Leverage your Firm’s Business Development within Globalaw
- Michael Heron, Founder, Avanlight
10:15 – 11:15: Increase Your Chambers Ranking: Dos and Don’ts from Alex Holtum
- Alex Holtum, Founder, International Law Firm Solutions
11:15 – 11:30: Coffee Break
11:30 - 13:00: Panel discussion: Lawyers' Leap into the Metaverse: Understanding the Uncharted (Room Alfama)
- Moderator: Sharin Pablo, Head Corporate & IP – regulatory, JJ Roca Law, Dominican Republic
- Marc J Beckman, NYU Metaverse Senior Fellow, United States
- Eliseo Roques-Arroyo, Managing Partner, EDGE Legal, Puerto Rico
12:45 – 14:00: Lunch Break
14:00 – 17:00: Tuk Tuk Tour of Lisbon
17:00 – 18:00: Port of Honour
18:00 – 00:00: Free Evening in Lisbon with Recommendations from the local host firm
09:00 – 09:30: Welcome Coffee
09:30 – 11:00: Decision Science: How to Improve Your Decision-Making Process
- Dr. Wayne Borchardt, Director, Management Research Insights and Operations, PwC, and Adjunct Associate Professor, Nova SBE
11:00– 11:15: Coffee Break
11:15 – 11:45: Strategic Partners’ Session
11:45 – 12:30: Panel Discussion: A Multi-Jurisdictional Success Story: PVO International
12:30 – 14:00: Networking Lunch
14:00 – 15:00: Panel Discussion with New Members and Observers
15:00 – 15:30: 2024 upcoming destinations
- GLEMEA, 4-6 April 2024, La Thuile, Italy
- GLARM, 6-8 June 2024, Vancouver, Canada
- GLAMM, 25-28 September 2024, Sao Paolo, Brazil
15:30 – 16:00: Coffee Break (Foyer)
16:00 – 17:45: Annual Members’ Meeting
- Reporting by Globalaw Officers
- Approval Annual Financial Statement
- Election New Directors
17:45 – 18:00: Board of Directors Meeting
19:30 – 23:00: Gala Dinner
11:00 – 12:00: Departure for Day Trip in Sintra
12:00 – 13:30: Networking Lunch
13:30 – 16:30: Sightseeing
16:30 – 17:30: Return to Lisbon
Join Globalaw’s evergrowing community in New York for the next Globalaw Americas Regional Meeting (GLARM), on 1-3 June. Three days of high-value business programme alongside extraordinary social events designed to boost your network within the Globalaw community.
Globalaw’s evergrowing community gathered in exotic Morocco for the EMEA Regional Meeting, on 16-18 March, at Sofitel Lounge & Spa, Marrakech.
Registration for the 2023 EMEA Regional Meeting is now closed.
The 3 days combined a high-value business program with exciting social activities in the Red City and beyond.
- A summary of best practices to help corporations across the globe navigate the various challenges of cross-border and multi-jurisdictional investigations.
- Knowledge of the necessary initial steps and risk mitigation when confronted with cross-border and multi-jurisdictional investigations, where timing and the first response is critical.
- Insights by former prosecutors and private practitioners with decades of experience.
Investors, regulators, consumers, the media, and even business executives and employees are increasingly evaluating the performance of companies on non-financial environmental, social and governance (ESG) measures. As market expectations change, companies need to adapt to ensure the availability of capital, create value for existing and new classes of stakeholders, meet regulatory requirements, and build their brands.
This webinar will help clients identify the opportunities associated with ESG and develop strategies to mitigate the key legal risks, including exploration of the critical areas of corporate social responsibility and sustainability.
Kevin LeMasters, Vice President of Trinchero Family Estates Napa Valley Operations and his team and John Jackson, Partner at Jackson Walker LLP (aka AttorneySomm), discuss wines and the current industry. Moderated by Mark Niebuhr, Senior Vice President at EPIC Insurance Brokers & Consultants.
Learn all about cyber risk in today’s world of business from EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants experts. Main takeaways include:
- An experienced cyber and technology risk placement team
- Risk identification/ERM capabilities
- Access to best in class, pre- and post-breach vendors and consultants
- An experienced cyber claims and legal support
New issues have come up in employer-employee relations as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. How do employers and employees in different jurisdictions deal with certain employment-related aspects during the pandemic, such as remote working environment, health and safety, temporary unemployment, business closure and discharge of employees? Are these issues handled differently based on business and employment culture in each region?
Ambassador Kathryn Walt Hall, proprietor of HALL, WALT and BACA Wines and the former U.S. Ambassador to Austria, and John Jackson, Partner at Jackson Walker LLP (aka AttorneySomm), discuss HALL wines and the current industry.
Panelists shared their expert views on:
- The updated social, economic and political environment in Hong Kong (amid social unrest and the COVID-19 pandemic);
- Hong Kong’s role in the China-US trade war;
- Hong Kong’s strategic position as China’s gateway to world trade and its future;
- Hong Kong’s competitiveness as a global financial centre vis-à-vis competitors (such as Singapore, Tokyo and Shanghai).
The world’s response to COVID-19 has resulted in the most rapid transformation of the workplace. Whilst some changes have been enforced, COVID-19 has also been a catalyst to reinvent the future of work and take the opportunity to make things better than they were.
In this webinar, representatives from EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants, Powerling and The Briars Group explore the fast-tracking of trends in communications, risk and governance and how to proactively equip your firm with the resources to build back and build better.
Main takeaways include:
- Best practices for today’s workforce regarding remote working and human support.
- Cybersecurity strategies and how to mitigate risk.
- Advice on how to upscale your boards, rewrite some of the rules and revisit your social contracts.
The application of measures taken in response to the COVID-19 threat has varied considerably from one country to another at different points in time. In most cases, society has been asked to compromise between helping to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 and preserving constitutional rights including freedom of expression, freedom of movement, privacy and data protection. However, where do we draw the line between personal space and civic duty? And will this line blur post-pandemic?
Hear a global perspective on the challenges facing GC’s due to COVID-19. Our panel discussed how in-house counsel legal needs have changed with regard to:
- Expectations of their outside counsel
- Costs and budgeting challenges
- Changes in inhouse legal departments
- Need for real-time and relevant information and advice
- Changes in decision-making paradigms
Join Julia Holden-Davis, Globalaw President, for an online panel session with Globalaw member firm representatives from China, Taiwan, Italy, Spain, and the US to discuss the overall impact of COVID-19, lessons learnt and best practices on how to thrive in the post-COVID-19 world.